Hold the hay fever, thanks!
Are you struggling with allergies this season?
Here are some lifestyle habits to consider
if you are struggling with hay fever this spring 🌼🤧
- Keep your windows closed at times when the pollen count is highest (usually in the early morning and evening) to prevent pollen entering your home and triggering your symptoms.
- Reduce your intake of histamine-triggering foods and drinks, such as coffee and alcohol (especially beer, cider, and wine). Histamine is the chemical your immune system produces when exposed to allergens, responsible for the swelling and itching in your nasal passages and eyes.
- Vacuum frequently, preferably with a vacuum cleaner with a high-efficiency particulate arresting (HEPA) filter. This can remove pollens and other allergens from your home.
- Minimise pollen being spread throughout your house, by showering and changing your clothes as soon as you get home.
- Wash your bed sheets frequently and at a high temperature to remove pollen that may have made its way into bed on your clothes, hair, or through your window. Dry your sheets indoors to prevent pollen sticking to them as they dry.