Are you feeling sluggish, hormonal or overweight?
Do you frequently experience digestive symptoms such as constipation, wind or bloating, or are you in pain? A Detox may just be the answer!
What’s The Deal With Detox?
Supporting detoxification can not only help increase your energy, but also improve digestion, aid weight loss, reduce pain, balance hormones and support a healthy mood.
A Practitioner prescribed detoxification program can be a catalyst to take you from feeling lifeless to incredible, and improve your health in ways you never thought possible.
Where Do Toxins Come From?
Your body is exposed to toxins on a daily basis, which have the potential to damage cells and contribute to ageing and disease. While some toxins are naturally produced in your body, you are also exposed through dietary and environmental influences, such as alcohol consumption, smoking, chemical exposure and pollution.
If you are a hairdresser, plumber, builder, mine worker or work near or on roads, your risk for toxin exposure is increased and makes detoxification even more important. Nevertheless, everyone can benefit from a detox.
Toxins…A Balancing Act
While toxin exposure cannot be avoided, it is possible to improve your ability to cope with and eradicate toxins efficiently. By completing a detox, you effectively reduce your toxin burden by decreasing your level of exposure to various toxins. You will also improve your ability to process and eliminate toxins from your body (known as toxin resistance) for improved health…so what are you waiting for?!
A Practitioner Only Detox Is Best
Talk to your Practitioner about whether a detox is right for you!
Our Naturopath Diane has years of experience in tailoring detox programs, and helping to keep the body in tip-top order.
Key Ingredients to Enhance Your Detox
The following ingredients are essential to any successful detox program:
- Spirulina: supports detoxification thanks to its antiinflammatory and antioxidant actions. It’s particularly useful in assisting the removal of heavy metals from the body.
- Milk Thistle: reduces the impact of toxins on the liver.
- Cape Jasmine: protects the liver from damage caused by toxin exposure and aids in elimination of toxins.
- Amino Acids (from rice protein): bind to toxins and facilitate their removal.
Detox Your Diet
An essential aspect of any detox program is implementing a detox-friendly, healthy diet. This should be predominantly plant-based, with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, legumes, spices, nuts, seeds and whole grains. It is also important to stay hydrated by drinking 2-3 litres of water daily and avoiding sources of toxin exposure including alcohol, caffeine and processed foods.
Detox Your Home and Lifestyle
During a detox is the perfect time to give your home a spring clean too! This can be achieved by opting for natural cleaning products and selecting more natural skincare products, avoiding chemical ingredients that can be absorbed through the lungs and skin.
Other detox tips include:
- Keep moving! Aim for 30 to 40 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic exercise three or four times a week, plus one or two strength training sessions.
- Dry skin brushing before your shower for 5 to10 minutes each day can aid toxin elimination via the skin.
- Reduce toxic emotions and stress by reading or writing positive affirmations that inspire you to fight off negative thoughts.